Some trivia about my Peugeot...
- The car was imported from Germany in the summer of '98. I
do not know more about its history, but if you can give more info, please
contact me. (I'll look up the chassisnumber tomorrow ;-))
- 10389 peugeot 404 cabrios were manufactured. 3014 with carburetor engine,
7375 with injection engine.
- As you can see, it does not have steer-shift, but
'ordinary' floormounted shift. This was an add-on available
for all 404's.
- The chassisnumber (459....) suggests it should have an injection
engine, but it really has a carburetor engine. It is a
revised engine, judging by the plate 'Moteur revise par Peugeot'
attached to the engine.
(source: Chassis numbers
on Martin Brunner's 'The Peugeot 404 Pictures, Sounds and Data Pages').
- For the people with knowledge of the dutch licenseplate system:
The makeup of the numberplate (LL-CC-CC) suggests it's original,
but the series AE-CC-CC is a new series for tax-exempt cars.